Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thursday, August 28, 2008

I didn't know what to call this post, since it's an overall update on many things.

Alright, I have started adding some new info here.

CICS
Things have been really busy between classes, work, and other various things going on throughout the week. Graduate school is definitely a lot different than undergrad work. There is a higher sense of responsibility, professionalism, time management, commitment, etc. The teachers have a different method (and personality) of teaching. This program has a very high success rate of grads being placed in great companies in high positions. As the semester has gone on, I have come to see how much more prestigious the program is with all of their faculty enabling students to become great. I just included the link on the right under 'My Links' for the program.


I have felt a little stress from all the new classes and the new environment. Hopefully I will be able to take one class one day at a time and become more comfortable in managing my time. I will end up having around 15 books all in all between 5 graduate classes for a total of 18 credit hours.

Apartment
My apartment is pretty much unpacked and organized, with several exceptions of stuff I haven't really organized well yet. There are 4 guys total in the 3 person apartment, but 2 are sharing the master bedroom which cuts down on the rent nicely. I think I will have a great year living life together with my apartment mates.

Revolution
The Rev has begun! I am excited to see how people will grow this year in their faith and their relationships (including me). The sound team has been slowing dying off over the last few years and there hasn't been much interest for a while. I have been praying about it a few times here and there over the last few years but now its about crunch time. I will be gone in about a year and that leaves Schoon primarily in charge mostly by himself. I'd like to get more to help in the transition for when I leave and then shortly after when Schoon leaves. We have to firstly find people interested in serving, no matter what their background knowledge is. It all starts with desire. When I came on the sound team in 2004 I knew practically nothing and over the years I learned quite a bit at the Rev and personally on my own time. When I got the email from Carl about people interested in sound this year I was so excited! I saw 8 names and I know there is at least one other not on the list who is interested. I'm am excited to see the team grow and to be able to work with our new team mates.

I've got an interesting story of a person I ran into yesterday at the library but I have been here in the library for over an hour and it's 2:30 and I'm hungry. Time for lunch and more reading from Good to Great.

1 comments:

UnderEaglesWings said...

Hey you updated! Good job! Hopefully class isn't TOO stressful, but I'm sure it has been. I, personally, am excited about doing more sound team stuff, especially since it looks like I'll be hanging around Muncie for a while after graduation. Anyway, let me know how I can be praying for you! See you around! (Maybe in the library!)

Love
Steph